Update: September 13, 2023
Welcome to Bonsound’s website (www.bonsound.com), operated by Bonsound Inc. (“Bonsound”, “we”, “us” or “our”). All addresses whose main domain name is “bonsound.com” (such as info.bonsound.com, jobs.bonsound.com and store.bonsound.com) and the following Web sites: www.leseditionsbonsound.com, www.bonsoundconcerts.com and www.bonsoundpromo.com are also considered part of our website.
Respecting and protecting your privacy and your personal information is highly important to us. That’s why we have put in place a clear policy and rigorous procedures for the data we collect about you.
DO YOU COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION? Yes. When you communicate or do business with us, browse our website or listen to music created by the artists we represent, we collect certain information about you (most of which is anonymized).
WHAT INFORMATION? We collect personally identifiable information, including transactional information (where applicable) and information about your use of our services and products (including our websites).
WHY? To inform you, answer your questions, process your transactions, administer our website and for analysis purposes.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION? In general, only our employees, representatives and those who are allowed to do so may receive this information. Certain suppliers who help us process our transactions or communicate with you may also have access to certain information.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? We are located in Quebec. However, some of our suppliers may have access to your information outside Quebec.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS? You may request access to or modification of this information at any time by writing to us. You may also withdraw any consent.
BEFORE YOU START
If you are a minor under the age of 14, please provide no Personal Information through the Sites without the express consent and presence of a parent or guardian.
You can contact us at any time by phone or e-mail for more information on this Policy:
Contact name: Jean-Christian Aubry, President
Telephone: (514) 522-5672 #223
TO WHAT AND WHEN DOES THE POLICY APPLY?
By “Personal Information”, we mean any information about you that is likely to identify you.
- on the Sites;
- or as part of any other interaction between you and us. This includes any interaction on social media, transaction through one of our service providers, communication with our customer service or Bonsound representative, subscription to our newsletter, completion of an online form, submission of a job application or participation in a survey or contest.
Whenever you do business or interact with us, including by using the Sites:
- you consent to the collection and use of your Personal Information by Bonsound under this Policy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
We collect three types of Personal Information:
1. Information you provide voluntarily. This is the Personal Information you provide to us during our interactions, including :
- your first and last name;
- date of birth;
- postal address;
- telephone number;
- e-mail address; and
- the products and services you have purchased.
2. Information you provide to us involuntarily. This is more technical Personal Information, which we collect by electronic and technological means. We may collect it because your browsing on the Sites involves an exchange between the Sites and your electronic device; for example, through cookies. See next section for more information on cookies.
Such Personal Information may include:
- your IP address (i.e., the number automatically assigned to your electronic device);
- your browser and operating system;
- your browsing history on the Sites;
- your geolocation;
- your time spent on the Sites;
- the source of traffic (organic/direct/social media, etc.);
- search terms within the website (search fields);
- the identity of your Internet service provider.
3. Information we collect from third parties. We may collect certain Personal Information from third parties, with your prior consent or when allowed by law. For example, this may include streaming platforms which collect certain statistical information about your use of their services.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Without this explanation being exhaustive, Cookies are identifiers stored by your Internet browser in the memory of the device you are using. They enable Bonsound:
- recognize you when you access the Sites; and
- to collect information about your visit and navigation.
You may set your browser to block Cookies or report their use. However, this may harm certain functionalities of the Sites.
For example, Bonsound uses certain tools on its Sites, such as the Google Analytics tool from Google Inc (Google). This tool allows us to collect and analyze information about our users’ online activities and produce statistical reports.
We also use the “pixels” offered by the social platforms (e.g., Meta and Google) to collect certain Personal Information that enables us to remarket to social media.
WHY IS PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
Bonsound uses this information to:
- respond to your requests for information and help with communications;
- manage our relations with suppliers and other collaborators, including for billing and follow-up purposes;
- process your transactions and provide our products and services. However, we collect no banking information, including credit card numbers—our service providers collect this information, and we refer you to their policies for their internal practices;
- inform you about Bonsound’s various activities, products and services;
- subscribe to various mailing lists, newsletters or surveys/contests prepared by Bonsound;
- control the quality of customer service and prevent fraud;
- compile, generate and analyze certain statistics about users of the Sites and consumers of the music created by the artists Bonsound represents;
- understand and analyze the needs and interests of Bonsound’s customers (and those of the artists it represents) and to develop and improve its products, services and marketing strategies;
- improve the services and operation of the Sites;
- analyze the performance of the Sites;
- improve and personalize your browsing experience on our websites;
- meet legal and regulatory requirements.
OTHER USE: ONLINE ADVERTISING
Bonsound also uses this Personal Information to provide you with additional products or services that may interest you. For example, as a result of our use of certain Cookies, we may deliver personalized advertisements to our past visitors on third-party sites (including Google and Facebook).
If you do not wish to receive these personalized ads, you can change your settings on the social media advertising services you use. You can also refuse to receive personalized ads from third-party advertisers who are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada at any time by visiting this page.
WHO ARE BONSOUND’S SUPPLIERS?
Although this list is not exhaustive and may occasionally change, Bonsound uses, among others, these suppliers to collect, process or analyze your Personal Information:
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
To be clear: Bonsound does not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to third parties.
Personal Information may be shared with :
- any related company.
- our service providers. For certain suppliers to perform their services, Bonsound may need to communicate certain Personal Information to them. However, these suppliers are subject to contractual agreements with Bonsound, which provide for confidentiality obligations and prohibit the use of this information for purposes other than to perform their services. This information is generally limited to that which is strictly necessary for their services and must be destroyed once the purposes for which it was provided have been fulfilled.
- certain third parties, as part of a business transaction. In the event of a change of control, merger, liquidation, reorganization, or other transaction involving Bonsound, we may have to share certain Personal Information. Bonsound undertakes to ensure that this information is protected and that these third parties commit to it.
- certain advertising partners. Bonsound may share certain Personal Information with its advertising partners (e.g., Meta) to determine your use of a social media platform, and then show you certain personalized advertisements.
Bonsound may also allow the use or disclosure of your Personal Information:
- to the extent provided or required by law, including by court order;
- to protect its rights or property and to protect the security of the Site, its users and their data.
RIGHT OF ACCESS, RECTIFICATION AND WITHDRAWAL
At any time, upon written request and subject to proof of identification and certain exceptions, you may :
- access your Personal Information;
- ask Bonsound to change your Personal Information;
- ask Bonsound to remove your Personal Information from its mailing lists;
- object to using your Personal Information for the above purposes;
- withdraw your consent to using your Personal Information;
- make a complaint.
Bonsound undertakes to respond to all requests within 30 days. However, the refusal to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawal of your consent may limit the performance our services.
If you have any comments, questions, requests for access or modification of your Personal Information, or if you wish to file a complaint, you may contact Bonsound by e-mail at:
Attention Jean-Christian Aubry (President)
WHERE IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
We may host, store, or process your Personal Information in Canada and in any country where we engage third-party service providers. This includes all the administration and management software we use for our internal operations.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to countries other than your country of residence. These countries may have different rules for the protection of personal information.
However, our internal practices regarding your Personal Information remain governed by this Policy and the applicable Canadian and Quebec privacy legislation.
PROTECTION AND SAFETY
We have put in place various physical, organizational, and technological means to ensure the confidentiality of Personal Information and to protect it under the practices of our industry.
Our internal policies and procedures govern the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of Personal Information, as well as handling complaints, information security, prevention of and response to privacy incidents, and data governance.
For example, we (i) make our employees aware of the importance of protecting Personal Information; (ii) require our agents, partners, representatives and other collaborators to respect and protect the confidentiality of the Personal Information we hold; (iii) have put a system of restricted access to our date collection and management platforms, whose access information is shared with a few stakeholders, from whom Bonsound may withdraw it at any time without delay.
However, no technology guarantees absolute security. There is always a risk in transmitting Personal Information over the Internet.
In the event of an incident involving your Personal Information, we undertake to put in place the measures to limit the negative consequences. We also undertake to notify the authorities and persons concerned when such an incident presents a risk of serious harm.
We will follow all applicable laws, including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, available here: http://www.priv.gc.ca.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
DISCREPANCIES BETWEEN VERSIONS
If any discrepancy arises between the English and French versions of this Policy, the French version prevails.
ATTRIBUTION OF JURISDICTION
The Sites are operated from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Any dispute between a user and Bonsound will be governed by the laws of Canada and the Province of Quebec.
The courts of the city of Montreal (Quebec, Canada) will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute or proceeding arising out of the use of the Sites.